Hackers League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hackers League

100% 1337

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Let's talk about how stupid Microsoft Kinect is. :D

Go down 
+5
Smoke
CAPRICIOUS
Brosie
Infidel
figus maximus
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
figus maximus
Poh
figus maximus

Male
Number of posts : 954
Warnings :
Let's talk about how stupid Microsoft Kinect is. :D Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Let's talk about how stupid Microsoft Kinect is. :D Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-06-24

Charrie Displayz
lol Character: Blobfish

Let's talk about how stupid Microsoft Kinect is. :D Empty
PostSubject: Let's talk about how stupid Microsoft Kinect is. :D   Let's talk about how stupid Microsoft Kinect is. :D Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 8:47 pm

Discuss.
Back to top Go down
Infidel
Composer
Composer
Infidel

Female
Number of posts : 533
Place you are be : WildKat Cafè
Warnings :
Let's talk about how stupid Microsoft Kinect is. :D Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Let's talk about how stupid Microsoft Kinect is. :D Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-06-11

Charrie Displayz
lol Character: Lulwhut.

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about how stupid Microsoft Kinect is. :D   Let's talk about how stupid Microsoft Kinect is. :D Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 10:38 pm

It's retarded. :|
How desperate can you get?
Back to top Go down
http://lfgcomic.com
Brosie
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAX!!
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAX!!
Brosie

Female
Number of posts : 1018
Warnings :

Charrie Displayz
lol Character: 5

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about how stupid Microsoft Kinect is. :D   Let's talk about how stupid Microsoft Kinect is. :D Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 11:29 pm

The Doctor wrote:
It's retarded. :|
How desperate can you get?
Back to top Go down
CAPRICIOUS
BigBCC
BigBCC
CAPRICIOUS

Female
Number of posts : 1524
Place you are be : FREEDOM
Warnings :
Let's talk about how stupid Microsoft Kinect is. :D Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Let's talk about how stupid Microsoft Kinect is. :D Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-13

Charrie Displayz
lol Character: lffgfgfgfgdaferg

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about how stupid Microsoft Kinect is. :D   Let's talk about how stupid Microsoft Kinect is. :D Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 12:23 am

you call this desperate and not ps3's move desperate like seriously dude
Back to top Go down
Infidel
Composer
Composer
Infidel

Female
Warnings :

Charrie Displayz

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about how stupid Microsoft Kinect is. :D   Let's talk about how stupid Microsoft Kinect is. :D Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 5:22 am

seenyer wrote:

I didn't say the PS3's wasn't desperate; it really was.
But weren't as stupidly enthusiastic as Microsoft was. They were all "LOLOL GUYS THIS IS THE NEXT BIG THING EVEN THOUGH IT'S TOTALLY ALREADY BEEN DONE. WE'RE AWESOME, RITE?"
Back to top Go down
Smoke
Chris Brown
Chris Brown
Smoke

Male
Number of posts : 488
Warnings :

Registration date : 2008-10-06

Charrie Displayz

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about how stupid Microsoft Kinect is. :D   Let's talk about how stupid Microsoft Kinect is. :D Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 5:33 am

Actually PS3 isn't desperate.
PlayStation Move was patented as an idea since 1999 along with the Eye Camera.
Nintendo took the idea and made it mainstream. (which made it successful.. with a copied idea.)
Microsoft took the Eye Toy idea and made it more accurate. They even made it into a big deal and all the fanfags rage on about it. Plus the surcharge of having it compatible, as if they already didn't overprice it.
Back to top Go down
Infidel
Composer
Composer
Infidel

Female
Warnings :

Charrie Displayz

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about how stupid Microsoft Kinect is. :D   Let's talk about how stupid Microsoft Kinect is. :D Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 5:37 am

L wrote:
Nintendo took the idea and made it mainstream. (which made it successful.. with a copied idea.)
Microsoft took the Eye Toy idea and made it more accurate. They even made it into a big deal and all the fanfags rage on about it. Plus the surcharge of having it compatible, as if they already didn't overprice it.

But by releasing it after it was a big hit with Nintendo (and especially with most of the customers thinking it was originally Nintendo's idea) it comes off as desperate. And face it, Sony had their chance. It may have been their idea, but they didn't deploy it quickly enough, and that's their own damn fault. After seeing how successful Nintendo was, /then/ they release it? Yes, it was a desperate move, just like almost everything else at E3.
Back to top Go down
figus maximus
Poh
figus maximus

Male
Warnings :

Charrie Displayz

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about how stupid Microsoft Kinect is. :D   Let's talk about how stupid Microsoft Kinect is. :D Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 5:49 am

The Doctor wrote:
L wrote:

But by releasing it after it was a big hit with Nintendo (and especially with most of the customers thinking it was originally Nintendo's idea) it comes off as desperate. And face it, Sony had their chance. It may have been their idea, but they didn't deploy it quickly enough, and that's their own damn fault. After seeing how successful Nintendo was, /then/ they release it? Yes, it was a desperate move, just like almost everything else at E3.

I agree with this statement.
Back to top Go down
FUCKBAD
Admininator
Admininator
FUCKBAD

Male
Number of posts : 2083
Warnings :

Registration date : 2008-01-19

Charrie Displayz
lol Character:

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about how stupid Microsoft Kinect is. :D   Let's talk about how stupid Microsoft Kinect is. :D Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 6:08 am

i find it all quite funny.
Back to top Go down
CAPRICIOUS
BigBCC
BigBCC
CAPRICIOUS

Female
Warnings :
Let's talk about how stupid Microsoft Kinect is. :D Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Let's talk about how stupid Microsoft Kinect is. :D Right_bar_bleue

Charrie Displayz

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about how stupid Microsoft Kinect is. :D   Let's talk about how stupid Microsoft Kinect is. :D Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 7:22 am

The Doctor wrote:
seenyer wrote:

But weren't as stupidly enthusiastic as Microsoft was. They were all "LOLOL GUYS THIS IS THE NEXT BIG THING EVEN THOUGH IT'S TOTALLY ALREADY BEEN DONE. WE'RE AWESOME, RITE?"

yeah but...they somewhat improved it didn't they
Back to top Go down
Infidel
Composer
Composer
Infidel

Female
Warnings :

Charrie Displayz

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about how stupid Microsoft Kinect is. :D   Let's talk about how stupid Microsoft Kinect is. :D Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 8:22 am

seenyer wrote:
The Doctor wrote:
seenyer wrote:

Still an unoriginal idea. And a tired one, at that.
Just because they improved it doesn't mean it's more appealing.
And the games they released it with look horrible. like seriously dude
Back to top Go down
Arcade
Gordon Freeman
Gordon Freeman
Arcade

Male
Number of posts : 1727
Place you are be : BEHIND YOU
Warnings :

Charrie Displayz

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about how stupid Microsoft Kinect is. :D   Let's talk about how stupid Microsoft Kinect is. :D Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 9:23 am

it will be hilarious when next year we all wind up loving both of them
Back to top Go down
http://limitbreakleague.freehostia.com
Infidel
Composer
Composer
Infidel

Female
Warnings :

Charrie Displayz

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about how stupid Microsoft Kinect is. :D   Let's talk about how stupid Microsoft Kinect is. :D Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 9:43 am

Adam Sessler wrote:
it will be hilarious when next year we all wind up loving both of them

They'll never take me alive. >:|
Back to top Go down
Oozing Anus
Gordon Freeman
Gordon Freeman
Oozing Anus

Female
Number of posts : 1530
Place you are be : in the middle of nowhere
Warnings :
Let's talk about how stupid Microsoft Kinect is. :D Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100Let's talk about how stupid Microsoft Kinect is. :D Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-02-18

Charrie Displayz
lol Character: 69

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about how stupid Microsoft Kinect is. :D   Let's talk about how stupid Microsoft Kinect is. :D Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 9:51 am

Yeah, both the Move and Kinect are desperate.
BUT the Move's sensitivity from what I've seen of it is absolutely amazing.

The thing I call desperate is the fact that Sony will release 3D games by the end of the year. like seriously dude
Back to top Go down
http://www.bored.com
CAPRICIOUS
BigBCC
BigBCC
CAPRICIOUS

Female
Warnings :

Charrie Displayz

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about how stupid Microsoft Kinect is. :D   Let's talk about how stupid Microsoft Kinect is. :D Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 10:03 am

The Doctor wrote:
seenyer wrote:
The Doctor wrote:
seenyer wrote:

Still an unoriginal idea. And a tired one, at that.
Just because they improved it doesn't mean it's more appealing.
And the games they released it with look horrible. like seriously dude

yeah the games do suck fucking donkey balls
Back to top Go down
Arcade
Gordon Freeman
Gordon Freeman
Arcade

Male
Warnings :

Charrie Displayz

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about how stupid Microsoft Kinect is. :D   Let's talk about how stupid Microsoft Kinect is. :D Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 4:44 am

Christine the Vagina wrote:

The thing I call desperate is the fact that Sony will release 3D games by the end of the year. like seriously dude

this on so many levels

1. when i saw how sensitive the move was i was like "ahaha oh damn if this weren't so much more expensive this could pretty much kill the wii"

2. 3d games (other than the 3ds) are just going to be a failed gimmick. sure, it might seem neat at first, but there are a few critical flaws with this:
first, to enjoy them, you need a 3d tv (at least, that's what i think.) these tvs are ridiculously expensive, and add on the price for the actual ps3 and the games, and you'll see not everyone has the thousands of dollars to spend on them. they're catering to a very, very small bit of the market, and unless the price for 3d tvs drops significantly, then i know almost for a fact that 3d games won't ever be big enough to avoid falling into obscurity. this is why the 3ds will probably be successful even because of this; you don't need to buy a shitload of expensive stuff to enjoy it.
another thing wrong with the 3d gaming is because it's just going to be either just distracting or ignored. idk if it's just me, but when i'm playing a game i only keep my eyes on what's necessary. everything else is just pushed out of my mind. there could be the most beautiful statue in the background of a level, but unless i'm about to go to that statue and beat the shit out of it, i'm not going to pay any bother to it. but when there's going to be shit popping out at me, i'll have no choice but to look at them out of instinct, which will distract me. again, the 3ds here will be successful as instead of making things pop out, it will have the illusion of depth, which as far as i can tell will only enhance the experience.
to be completely honest though, if i ever get the chance to play a 3d game and find one that i can enjoy, then i might consider saving up to get it. but i'm not getting my hopes up.

TL;DR = not a lot of people are going to be able to enjoy 3d games, and those that do probably won't like it much.
Back to top Go down
figus maximus
Poh
figus maximus

Male
Warnings :

Charrie Displayz

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about how stupid Microsoft Kinect is. :D   Let's talk about how stupid Microsoft Kinect is. :D Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 5:50 am

I will not give into the temptation of buying a 3D tv. Especially if I have to wear those stupid glasses (And more importantly, over my own glasses), just to enjoy something.
Back to top Go down
figus maximus
Poh
figus maximus

Male
Warnings :

Charrie Displayz

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about how stupid Microsoft Kinect is. :D   Let's talk about how stupid Microsoft Kinect is. :D Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 5:53 am

Quote :
this is why the 3ds will probably be successful even because of this; you don't need to buy a shitload of expensive stuff to enjoy it.

Not only that, but from what I understand, the 3ds isn't going to be as much things popping out at you as it is greater depth. That's something that would actually work, rather than just having random non important shit flying out of the screen.
Back to top Go down
Oozing Anus
Gordon Freeman
Gordon Freeman
Oozing Anus

Female
Warnings :
Let's talk about how stupid Microsoft Kinect is. :D Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100Let's talk about how stupid Microsoft Kinect is. :D Right_bar_bleue

Charrie Displayz

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about how stupid Microsoft Kinect is. :D   Let's talk about how stupid Microsoft Kinect is. :D Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 7:30 am

Well, idk about in America, but 3D tvs aren't all that expensive here.
About $3,000.
Back to top Go down
Arcade
Gordon Freeman
Gordon Freeman
Arcade

Male
Warnings :

Charrie Displayz

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about how stupid Microsoft Kinect is. :D   Let's talk about how stupid Microsoft Kinect is. :D Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 7:36 am

About $3,000.

i could buy a used car for $3000
Back to top Go down
Arcade
Gordon Freeman
Gordon Freeman
Arcade

Male
Warnings :

Charrie Displayz

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about how stupid Microsoft Kinect is. :D   Let's talk about how stupid Microsoft Kinect is. :D Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 7:37 am

Smurf wrote:
Quote :
this is why the 3ds will probably be successful even because of this; you don't need to buy a shitload of expensive stuff to enjoy it.

Not only that, but from what I understand, the 3ds isn't going to be as much things popping out at you as it is greater depth. That's something that would actually work, rather than just having random non important shit flying out of the screen.

i actually mentioned that
Back to top Go down
figus maximus
Poh
figus maximus

Male
Warnings :

Charrie Displayz

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about how stupid Microsoft Kinect is. :D   Let's talk about how stupid Microsoft Kinect is. :D Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 7:42 am

About $3,000.

$3000 is balls expensive.
Back to top Go down
Smoke
Chris Brown
Chris Brown
Smoke

Male
Number of posts : 488
Warnings :

Registration date : 2008-10-06

Charrie Displayz

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about how stupid Microsoft Kinect is. :D   Let's talk about how stupid Microsoft Kinect is. :D Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 11:52 am

You realize both are optional right.
3D Tv's will be an option ytou enjoy, it doesnt mean you need it, and siny could sue nintendo, but theyd probably lose. They're not trying to get customers theyre trying to improve the experience.. Plus Motion has some good games! Resident Evil, Socom, Killzone, and more! Basically every game will be 3D, you dont have to get it, but itll improve the experience. Kinect has no good games for it. The only sony fail I see is Playstation Plus, seriously "their free as long as you pay the subscription"
Back to top Go down
Arcade
Gordon Freeman
Gordon Freeman
Arcade

Male
Warnings :

Charrie Displayz

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about how stupid Microsoft Kinect is. :D   Let's talk about how stupid Microsoft Kinect is. :D Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 12:59 pm

L wrote:
You realize both are optional right.
3D Tv's will be an option ytou enjoy, it doesnt mean you need it, and siny could sue nintendo, but theyd probably lose. They're not trying to get customers theyre trying to improve the experience.. Plus Motion has some good games! Resident Evil, Socom, Killzone, and more! Basically every game will be 3D, you dont have to get it, but itll improve the experience. Kinect has no good games for it. The only sony fail I see is Playstation Plus, seriously "their free as long as you pay the subscription"

i'm not exactly saying that the 3d is a bad thing. i'm just saying that i know it most likely just won't work out too well.

and yes. playstation plus (from what little i heard about it) sounds very stupid.
Back to top Go down
Oozing Anus
Gordon Freeman
Gordon Freeman
Oozing Anus

Female
Warnings :

Charrie Displayz

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about how stupid Microsoft Kinect is. :D   Let's talk about how stupid Microsoft Kinect is. :D Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 1:28 pm

What's Playstation Plus?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about how stupid Microsoft Kinect is. :D   Let's talk about how stupid Microsoft Kinect is. :D Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Let's talk about how stupid Microsoft Kinect is. :D
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next