Hackers League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hackers League

100% 1337

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

SO UHM I DO NOT LIKE HOMEWORK?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
FUCKBAD
Admininator
Admininator
FUCKBAD

Male
Number of posts : 2083
Warnings :
SO UHM I DO NOT LIKE HOMEWORK? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100SO UHM I DO NOT LIKE HOMEWORK? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-19

Charrie Displayz
lol Character:

SO UHM I DO NOT LIKE HOMEWORK? Empty
PostSubject: SO UHM I DO NOT LIKE HOMEWORK?   SO UHM I DO NOT LIKE HOMEWORK? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 6:59 am

The debates is on. Here's your chance to argue your opinion by writing a formal literary paragraph. You are required to form a topic sentence arguing an opinion and prove that topic in a paragraph containing THREE developed points. Your paragraph will follow the point/proof/comment format discussed in class.

Requirements
- Complete a brainstorm (Concept map or T-chart)
- Select three points and organize them according to major strength.
- Complete the paragraph outline distributed in class
- Write a rough copy of your paragraph
- Have your paragraph edited by a person in this class
- Type and submit your good copy along with all of the above.

Topic
Children grow up with fairy tales. Is the story "Once Upon a Time" a fairy tale?

Format
- typed, double spaced, 12 point font, Times New Roman.
- Appropriate title reflecting topic of paragraph
- Length - Approximately 3/4 of page given format above.

Alright, so I'll definitely have to do the outline, peer editing, the problem is I've already done the good copy...
I recommend, if you have anything less then, I don't know, Word Pad, that you download
http://www.openoffice.org/
OpenOffice. It's what I use, and it's free. And good.

Here's my good copy.

The short story, "Once Upon a Time" by Nadine Gordimer, is not, in fact, a short story. First off, there is a specific boundary that defines a fairy tale, and it is difficult to find a generally pleasing definition. For instance, if a non-fiction story contained the phrases and objects that we decided upon as a class, would it be considered a fairy tale? No, because it is non-fiction, and therefore is about real life. “...they were warned, by that wise old witch, the husband's mother...” (Gordimer 1) 'Witch' is used here, not as a spell-caster, but (I'm assuming) a wise old hag. Secondly, the plot is backwards, starting with happiness and going into misery. “In a house, in a suburb, in a city, there were a man and his wife who loved each other very much and were living happily ever after ... Then the man and his wife burst wildly into the garden and for some reason (the cat, probably) the alarm set up wailing against the screams while the bleeding mass of the little boy was hacked out of the security coil with saws, wire-cutters, choppers, and they carried it—the man, the wife, the hysterical trusted housemaid and the weeping gardener—into the house.” (Gordimer 1) The typical fairy tale ends with “happily ever after”, and simply having the words there (as explained in point one) does not suffice. Also, ever after is ever after. The end. There is no after stage of ever after, it is done. Third and last, there is no real ending. Even a mere “happily ever after” closes a fairy tale, but this one ties up no loose end whatsoever. We are forced to assume the boy dies, or, if you're an optimist, he miraculously survives; Despite the fact that he is referred to as 'it' near the denouement. In conclusion, “Once Upon a Time”, is not a fairy tale, but it does provide a scarily true message: You are trapped by your own web of fears.

You don't have to do much. If points 1, 2 and 4 were done, I'd be ecstatic. I have to email my teacher all this work by tonight, or tomorrow morning.
You're not obligated to do this or anything. I feel bad enough already. So, if you do something, I totally owe you, and will do something to pay you back. Like, I could do your homework, or get you a GA (even if I already owe you one, and you have to be patient with that) or some CS. Anything. ... Well, be reasonable, I can not clean your room for you. XD;
I love you guys. ;_;
Back to top Go down
CAPRICIOUS
BigBCC
BigBCC
CAPRICIOUS

Female
Number of posts : 1524
Place you are be : FREEDOM
Warnings :
SO UHM I DO NOT LIKE HOMEWORK? Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100SO UHM I DO NOT LIKE HOMEWORK? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-13

Charrie Displayz
lol Character: lffgfgfgfgdaferg

PostSubject: Re: SO UHM I DO NOT LIKE HOMEWORK?   SO UHM I DO NOT LIKE HOMEWORK? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 7:20 am

Vixitha (F) wrote:
For instance, if a non-fiction story contained the phrases and objects that we decided upon as a class, would it be considered a fairy tale? No, because it is non-fiction, and therefore is about real life.

I DOUBT THIS'LL HELP, AND I KNOW THIS ISN'T ABOUT THE POINTS; I MIGHT HELP WITH THAT LATER. BUT ANYWAY MY TEACHER, BEING STRICT, WOULD TAKE POINTS OFF FOR THAT CAUSE HE MIGHT THINK THAT'S A BIT CONVERSATIONAL. IDK ABOUT YOUR TEACHER.
Back to top Go down
FUCKBAD
Admininator
Admininator
FUCKBAD

Male
Number of posts : 2083
Warnings :
SO UHM I DO NOT LIKE HOMEWORK? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100SO UHM I DO NOT LIKE HOMEWORK? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-19

Charrie Displayz
lol Character:

PostSubject: Re: SO UHM I DO NOT LIKE HOMEWORK?   SO UHM I DO NOT LIKE HOMEWORK? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 7:35 am

ROY I WISH YOU WERE IN MY CLASS SO YOU COULD EDIT THIS

I think our teacher would accept it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SO UHM I DO NOT LIKE HOMEWORK?   SO UHM I DO NOT LIKE HOMEWORK? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SO UHM I DO NOT LIKE HOMEWORK?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hackers League :: HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :: H03MWORKS!!!!!!!!!-
Jump to: