Hackers League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hackers League

100% 1337

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Okay so ...

Go down 
+6
Johnny Walker
FUCKBAD
Nighting
Infidel
CAPRICIOUS
figus maximus
10 posters
AuthorMessage
figus maximus
Poh
figus maximus

Male
Number of posts : 954
Warnings :
Okay so ... Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Okay so ... Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-06-24

Charrie Displayz
lol Character: Blobfish

Okay so ... Empty
PostSubject: Okay so ...   Okay so ... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 6:44 am

I really need to get something off my chest.
I'm going to say it as nicely as possible, but also as firmly as possible.

The thing is, like I've said before, I just feel underappreciated. Argue if you will, but I'm not being overdramatic. Say that I only think I'm not. But as it turns out, I would know better than any of you how I feel, which is the focal point of this message.

First of all, regarding arguments on HL. Frankly, I support them. To an extent. Simple debates to me shouldn't be taken so seriously, which I find many of you tend to do. Now, silly arguments that shouldn't exist in the first place, I understand. However, until the owner of HL, Vix, creates a rule prohibiting arguing in the CB or anywhere else, I shall continue to debate with people in the CB, whether other people like it or not.

The next point I'd like to make is the ignoring of others. As I do find myself ignored somewhat frequently, I'd like to point out someone who's ignored almost constantly. While I am guilty of doing so to her, I'm not the only one at fault. Kingdar, the recipiant of this ignoring, probably feels much worse than I do about the issue, while I cannot say for sure. Either way I still find it wrong to ignore others, be it accidentally or not. If you have no interest in what somebody says or does, the least you can do is acknowledge them.

Next, I feel as though in most pointless arguments, everyone else involved tends to gang up on me. While it may not be intentional, people should still be aware of such actions. This leads to something else I find to be very similar. Many of you I find can't handle being wrong every once in a while. Honestly, I sympathize with you there, because everyone hates to be wrong. However, its okay to be wrong every once in a while. You don't have to start unneccessary arguments just because you can't handle being wrong.

Now, one last thing before I sum this all up. Involving typos. I understand we all get a laugh out of them, I really do. But something that just irks me is when someone is trying to say something serious, and typos something, but then all everyone else can focus on is the simple typographical error made.

Now, in summary, I really think you all should take into consideration, if not already, how other people feel about things. Not everyone thinks the same, while, the majority of us here do have similar views.

Now, as I can't think of anything else to open up about, I'll leave this topic open for discussion.
Back to top Go down
CAPRICIOUS
BigBCC
BigBCC
CAPRICIOUS

Female
Number of posts : 1524
Place you are be : FREEDOM
Warnings :
Okay so ... Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Okay so ... Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-13

Charrie Displayz
lol Character: lffgfgfgfgdaferg

Okay so ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Okay so ...   Okay so ... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 6:46 am

Hoodsie wrote:

Now, one last thing before I sum this all up. Involving typos. I understand we all get a laugh out of them, I really do. But something that just irks me is when someone is trying to say something serious, and typos something, but then all everyone else can focus on is the simple typographical error made.

AWW YOU SHOULD HAVE TYPO'D RIGHT THERE
Back to top Go down
Infidel
Composer
Composer
Infidel

Female
Number of posts : 533
Place you are be : WildKat Cafè
Warnings :

Registration date : 2008-06-11

Charrie Displayz
lol Character: Lulwhut.

Okay so ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Okay so ...   Okay so ... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 6:51 am

...If I comment on this, there'll be a riot which would probably end with me leaving and/or finally offing myself.
Because it really pissed me off.
So out of what little self control I have left, I'm gonna wait and see how the rest plays out. =/
Back to top Go down
http://lfgcomic.com
Nighting
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAX!!
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAX!!
Nighting

Female
Number of posts : 1271
Warnings :

Registration date : 2008-01-26

Okay so ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Okay so ...   Okay so ... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 6:53 am

For the first one: Arguments are fine, but not to the extent that someone leaves. Arguments are supposed to make a point, not yelling at each other. But I also disagree with the
Quote :
whether other people like it or not.
As much as I want my side to win, I try to think about others. Having friends, imo, is better than winning an argument.

For the second one: P: Just try having a conversation. If you are ignored, say something, don't go, 'OH, I'M IGNORED. -sigh-'

For the third one: P: Maybe because they just have the same opinions?

Typo complaint/rant: Typographical errors are different from using the wrong word.
Typo
Quote :
bitch=butch thinl=think

Last edited by SUGAR HIGH on Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
figus maximus
Poh
figus maximus

Male
Warnings :

Charrie Displayz

Okay so ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Okay so ...   Okay so ... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 6:53 am

...Maybe it would've been a good idea to mention that this was only how I felt.
>.>
Back to top Go down
FUCKBAD
Admininator
Admininator
FUCKBAD

Male
Number of posts : 2083
Warnings :

Registration date : 2008-01-19

Charrie Displayz
lol Character:

Okay so ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Okay so ...   Okay so ... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 6:56 am

Many of you I find can't handle being wrong every once in a while.

IT'S ME. I KNOW. :P

I banned arguments, but I guess I should change that rule a little. >_>

UNAPPRECIATED WHAT.
What exactly do you me by that? .___.;

until the owner of HL, Vix,

Just say Vix. |P

-agrees with Roy- |D

Also, I find when I make a typo during srs bznz, no one lols at it. o3o

... BUT MISQUIDED ROFL GOOD TIMES.
Back to top Go down
figus maximus
Poh
figus maximus

Male
Warnings :

Charrie Displayz

Okay so ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Okay so ...   Okay so ... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 6:57 am

VULVIX |D wrote:

Seriously?
When?
o.O
Back to top Go down
FUCKBAD
Admininator
Admininator
FUCKBAD

Male
Number of posts : 2083
Warnings :

Charrie Displayz
lol Character:

Okay so ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Okay so ...   Okay so ... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 7:04 am

Hoodsie wrote:
VULVIX |D wrote:

Seriously?
When?
o.O

DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD8<
-throws you at rules thread-
GO READ IT!!!
Back to top Go down
figus maximus
Poh
figus maximus

Male
Warnings :

Charrie Displayz

Okay so ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Okay so ...   Okay so ... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 7:05 am

VULVIX |D wrote:
Hoodsie wrote:
VULVIX |D wrote:

Seriously?
When?
o.O

DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD8<
-throws you at rules thread-
GO READ IT!!!

Oops.
-ignorant-
D:
Back to top Go down
Johnny Walker
Admininator
Admininator
Johnny Walker

Female
Number of posts : 995
Warnings :

Registration date : 2008-01-20

Okay so ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Okay so ...   Okay so ... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 9:05 am

I'm just not gonna say anything bec-.. :x
Back to top Go down
figus maximus
Poh
figus maximus

Male
Warnings :

Charrie Displayz

Okay so ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Okay so ...   Okay so ... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 9:11 am

Okay, before anyone says anything else, I just want to make it clear that my positioned is very flawed and I realize that.
Also you may disagree and that's fine.
This is only how I feel and I have no regrets toward what I said.
I just want people to realize that I feel this way and accept it, even though how I feel about such things may not be the entire truth or the actual truth.

And feel free to say what you will. That's why I said I'd leave it open for discussion.
xD
Back to top Go down
SiLVER.
Better than you.
Better than you.
SiLVER.

Female
Number of posts : 26
Place you are be : IN JOOR ROOM. ....IN JOOR BED. ;3
Warnings :

Registration date : 2008-03-28

Okay so ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Okay so ...   Okay so ... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 11:01 am

I DUNNO THIS JUST SEEMS OVERDRAMATIC TO ME.
o3o
Back to top Go down
http://www.youfail.org
Beast.Exe
Admininator
Admininator
Beast.Exe

Female
Number of posts : 173
Place you are be : Wandering
Warnings :

Registration date : 2008-08-10

Okay so ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Okay so ...   Okay so ... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 1:58 am

HOODSIE STILL WINZ! wrote:

The thing is, like I've said before, I just feel underappreciated. Argue if you will, but I'm not being overdramatic. Say that I only think I'm not. But as it turns out, I would know better than any of you how I feel, which is the focal point of this message.

First of all, regarding arguments on HL. Frankly, I support them. To an extent. Simple debates to me shouldn't be taken so seriously, which I find many of you tend to do. Now, silly arguments that shouldn't exist in the first place, I understand. However, until the owner of HL, Vix, creates a rule prohibiting arguing in the CB or anywhere else, I shall continue to debate with people in the CB, whether other people like it or not.

The next point I'd like to make is the ignoring of others. As I do find myself ignored somewhat frequently, I'd like to point out someone who's ignored almost constantly. While I am guilty of doing so to her, I'm not the only one at fault. Kingdar, the recipiant of this ignoring, probably feels much worse than I do about the issue, while I cannot say for sure. Either way I still find it wrong to ignore others, be it accidentally or not. If you have no interest in what somebody says or does, the least you can do is acknowledge them.

Next, I feel as though in most pointless arguments, everyone else involved tends to gang up on me. While it may not be intentional, people should still be aware of such actions. This leads to something else I find to be very similar. Many of you I find can't handle being wrong every once in a while. Honestly, I sympathize with you there, because everyone hates to be wrong. However, its okay to be wrong every once in a while. You don't have to start unneccessary arguments just because you can't handle being wrong.

Now, in summary, I really think you all should take into consideration, if not already, how other people feel about things. Not everyone thinks the same, while, the majority of us here do have similar views.

Now, as I can't think of anything else to open up about, I'll leave this topic open for discussion.

Not over dramatic. o3o At least from my prospective.

Quote :

I feel, if there was some kind of major thing we were debating about, we should have a little section in the forum just for that and try to keep arguments out of the CB. Either that or make a topic about the argument and keep it out of CB.

Quote :

Gawd, I love the sensation of being ignored. xDDD At least at school anyways. (Seriously. Teacher ignoring you is a good sign. For the most part) I find the "If you can't beat them, join them" method useful for if you are being ignored. Something that helps so no one feels ignore is to talk about something we all know and have interest in, which I find impossible.

Quote :
*sneezes*

For the most part, I agree with everythong you've said.

You don't really have to pay attention to my responses. I posted this to just practice with responding to people. I kinda lack some social skills. >.> I always play the follower and even though in the back of my mind I know the correct answers and stuff, I follow people. (I'd probably follow someone off the cliff... almost.)
Back to top Go down
figus maximus
Poh
figus maximus

Male
Warnings :

Charrie Displayz

Okay so ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Okay so ...   Okay so ... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 3:10 am

Quote :
I feel, if there was some kind of major thing we were debating about, we should have a little section in the forum just for that and try to keep arguments out of the CB. Either that or make a topic about the argument and keep it out of CB.

Yeah, I've actually mentioned that before.
xD
Back to top Go down
kingdar
Killer
Killer
kingdar

Other / Decline to state
Number of posts : 861
Place you are be : hell
Warnings :
Okay so ... Left_bar_bleue99 / 10099 / 100Okay so ... Right_bar_bleue

Charrie Displayz
lol Character: MY OCS

Okay so ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Okay so ...   Okay so ... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 3:41 am

I SAW A SQUIRREL.
IT WAS DOIN' LIKE THIS!
Okay so ... Hilarious-squrrel-photo-jedis-with-light-sabers
Back to top Go down
http://kingdar.deviantart.com/
Beast.Exe
Admininator
Admininator
Beast.Exe

Female
Number of posts : 173
Place you are be : Wandering
Warnings :

Registration date : 2008-08-10

Okay so ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Okay so ...   Okay so ... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 7:16 am

Quote :

Yeah, I've actually mentioned that before.
xD

Really? XD I miss a lot of things.
Back to top Go down
Oozing Anus
Gordon Freeman
Gordon Freeman
Oozing Anus

Female
Number of posts : 1530
Place you are be : in the middle of nowhere
Warnings :
Okay so ... Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100Okay so ... Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-02-18

Charrie Displayz
lol Character: 69

Okay so ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Okay so ...   Okay so ... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 1:51 pm

Okay, Hoods, I agree and understand most of what you are speaking about. Although it probably won't help, I'd like to offer a few explanations, and discuss a few things. :3
Firstly - the fights. Although I agree that debates are necessary, you cannot deny that some people on here take these simple debates too far. This is what we are aiming to stop. I offer a simple quote: "If you are not prepared to back down when things escalate, you would do well to not get involved in the first place."
Secondly - the ignoring of others. Although I understand the devastation of constantly being ignored, one must be a little consciencious of what's going on around. A lot of times, in the CB, there is a distinctive conversation going on, that are sometimes serious. When somebody posts something like, "OMAI MAH CHIKEN ISH SMELLEH" or something similar, you can't expect somebody to respond. Now, as for the posts that don't do this but are still ignored, I have only one explanation. If somebody types something that doesn't really interest them, it isn't always as easy as 'acknowledging them'. By posting a short response to simply acknowledge them, you push the posts further up and can result in the ignoring of 'serious' posts.
Thirdly - the ganging up. I have seen this happen to you, and I really sympathize with you. However, and please understand that I'm not being mean here, you are a little pushy with some arguments you put up sometimes.

I very much agree with the things that you have brought up - especially with the typos.

I think we ALL need to be a little more patient and understanding with these and other 'problems'.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bored.com
figus maximus
Poh
figus maximus

Male
Warnings :

Charrie Displayz

Okay so ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Okay so ...   Okay so ... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 9:50 pm

Danbull! wrote:

Okay, Hoods, I agree and understand most of what you are speaking about. Although it probably won't help, I'd like to offer a few explanations, and discuss a few things. :3
Firstly - the fights. Although I agree that debates are necessary, you cannot deny that some people on here take these simple debates too far. This is what we are aiming to stop. I offer a simple quote: "If you are not prepared to back down when things escalate, you would do well to not get involved in the first place."
Secondly - the ignoring of others. Although I understand the devastation of constantly being ignored, one must be a little consciencious of what's going on around. A lot of times, in the CB, there is a distinctive conversation going on, that are sometimes serious. When somebody posts something like, "OMAI MAH CHIKEN ISH SMELLEH" or something similar, you can't expect somebody to respond. Now, as for the posts that don't do this but are still ignored, I have only one explanation. If somebody types something that doesn't really interest them, it isn't always as easy as 'acknowledging them'. By posting a short response to simply acknowledge them, you push the posts further up and can result in the ignoring of 'serious' posts.
Thirdly - the ganging up. I have seen this happen to you, and I really sympathize with you. However, and please understand that I'm not being mean here, you are a little pushy with some arguments you put up sometimes.

I very much agree with the things that you have brought up - especially with the typos.

I think we ALL need to be a little more patient and understanding with these and other 'problems'.

Nah, I understand.
xD

And I mean, some of it, as I've said may be unintentional, but it was something that's been bothering me for some time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Okay so ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Okay so ...   Okay so ... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Okay so ...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hackers League :: Archives-
Jump to: