Hackers League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hackers League

100% 1337

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Splatterhouse

Go down 
AuthorMessage
FUCKBAD
Admininator
Admininator
FUCKBAD

Male
Number of posts : 2083
Warnings :
Splatterhouse Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Splatterhouse Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-19

Charrie Displayz
lol Character:

Splatterhouse Empty
PostSubject: Splatterhouse   Splatterhouse Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 4:28 am

for: 360, ps3

so this is just a personal review, i guess.
there was more story to it than the originals, & i think they did a good job recreating it. it came out as a gory beat-'em-up, & it stayed that way (with more of a humourous touch). In some parts there a proper feeling of horror, but these are few. there were also techniques that you used in one part of the game, then pretty much forgot about, which i thought was rather unbalanced.
it wasn't visually stunning, but it got the atmosphere across, which was fine. it didn't revolve around surro8undings until the last bit, really, & what was there was adequate.
the sidescrolling parts are really fun. rick's jumping is limited (which is realistic) & some people have complained about this, but i haven't had a problem. other than that apparent problem, the controls don't leave anything to be desired.
what i really didn't like was the final boss battle. you didn't actually fight the boss as a whole, you just had to protect jenny from monsters (which blew. a lot.). and after that, it was just a quick timed event. i don't find a lot of the boss battles particularly memorable, except for the ones that were taken from the old games. but the final one, which should've been the best, was the worst. it was work without fun, something you could bust your ass doing but not feel any real satisfaction.
the final cutscene left room for a sequel, but i'm not sure they'll bother making one.
the game is considered a renter by many, & maybe i just enjoy it a lot more because of the nostalgia factor for me. regardless, it's a fun game. it's darkly humorous & deserves the M it got. also terror mask is best.
Back to top Go down

Splatterhouse
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hackers League :: Games and Reviews :: Reviews :: Multi-platform Reviews-
Jump to: