Hackers League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hackers League

100% 1337

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Something that's been brought to my attention.

Go down 
+10
Arcade
best west
kingdar
Johnny Walker
Hime
The Eternal Faggot
Brosie
tbeysquirrel
CAPRICIOUS
figus maximus
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
figus maximus
Poh
figus maximus

Male
Number of posts : 954
Warnings :
Something that's been brought to my attention. Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Something that's been brought to my attention. Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-06-24

Charrie Displayz
lol Character: Blobfish

Something that's been brought to my attention. Empty
PostSubject: Something that's been brought to my attention.   Something that's been brought to my attention. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 3:35 am

Okay. First of all, I'm not blaming anyone for what I'm about to say, so if you have something rude to say, don't.

Since we're all friends here, I'll be using names (also because it'd be pretty obvious even if I didn't).

Today when I was talking to Kingdar on the chatbox she was telling me about how she was pissed. I asked her why and she told me. Something about people talking about what turns them on and 'how they like to be sexed.' Nothing out of the ordinary for HL right? Well, the conversation isn't what I'm addressing. She told me that she had asked for whoever was doing it (I'm not sure who, but I can easily guess) to stop, which they did not. In fact, Kingdar said that she was completely ignored. I'm aware that this is only one side and it might not have gone exactly like that, but please, let's have some courtesy. If someone asks youto stop doing something (within reason), is it really that difficult to stop, or at least take the conversation somewhere else? We have a XXX Forum for this sort of thing that no one bothers using. If you must use the 'The CB is easier' argument, we also have an aim group, which we all know is used quite often.

Again, I'm not trying to put the blame on anyway, but let's at least be courteous to our member, or friends rather, who really don't care for the conversation going at hand, especially when they're trying to talk to other people and no one's willing to have another conversation with them.
Back to top Go down
CAPRICIOUS
BigBCC
BigBCC
CAPRICIOUS

Female
Number of posts : 1524
Place you are be : FREEDOM
Warnings :
Something that's been brought to my attention. Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Something that's been brought to my attention. Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-13

Charrie Displayz
lol Character: lffgfgfgfgdaferg

PostSubject: Re: Something that's been brought to my attention.   Something that's been brought to my attention. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 5:31 am

yeah chris stop talking about how keanu reeves turns you on
Back to top Go down
tbeysquirrel
Ninja
Ninja
tbeysquirrel

Female
Number of posts : 794
Place you are be : Anywhere but here
Warnings :
Something that's been brought to my attention. Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Something that's been brought to my attention. Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Something that's been brought to my attention.   Something that's been brought to my attention. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 9:13 am

...I'm sorry but I'm finding the topic you're posting and the gif in your siggy to be pretty ironic lol.
Back to top Go down
Brosie
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAX!!
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAX!!
Brosie

Female
Number of posts : 1018
Warnings :

Registration date : 2008-06-11

Charrie Displayz
lol Character: 5

PostSubject: Re: Something that's been brought to my attention.   Something that's been brought to my attention. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 4:41 pm

>XXX forum

This needs to be used more often. wat

>aim group

OH GOD NO. It's already annoying as hell as to how often they use it.
No matter how often I close that window, it keeps coming up. (ノ&#3

BUT YEAH, THE FORUM WORKS.
Back to top Go down
The Eternal Faggot
Worshipper
Worshipper
The Eternal Faggot

Male
Number of posts : 515
Warnings :

Registration date : 2008-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Something that's been brought to my attention.   Something that's been brought to my attention. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 10:05 pm

It wasn't me this time....

And I agree if someone asks you to stop then stop.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pspboot.freeforums.org/
The Eternal Faggot
Worshipper
Worshipper
The Eternal Faggot

Male
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: Something that's been brought to my attention.   Something that's been brought to my attention. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 10:06 pm

Also, looking at my sig... I miss Erin... She is still in love with me.... I'm still in love with her, but we both have girlfriends at the moment, and agreed before not to break up with them just to get back with each other....... FML
Back to top Go down
figus maximus
Poh
figus maximus

Male
Warnings :

Charrie Displayz

PostSubject: Re: Something that's been brought to my attention.   Something that's been brought to my attention. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 1:54 am

Talud wrote:
...I'm sorry but I'm finding the topic you're posting and the gif in your siggy to be pretty ironic lol.

DEAL WITH IT.
-shot-

But yeah it is kinda ironic.
-didn't notice-
Back to top Go down
Hime
Chris Brown
Chris Brown
Hime

Female
Number of posts : 483
Place you are be : the pants of my 2d husbandos
Warnings :

Registration date : 2009-09-12

Charrie Displayz

PostSubject: Re: Something that's been brought to my attention.   Something that's been brought to my attention. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 3:24 am

Being completely honest, almost everyone in the cb save 1 or 2 people were talking about it.
And I don't think it's fair to change the topic just because one person doesn't like it.
Whenever that happens to me I just leave for a while, because it's not like they can talk about that forever.
Back to top Go down
Johnny Walker
Admininator
Admininator
Johnny Walker

Female
Number of posts : 995
Warnings :

Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Something that's been brought to my attention.   Something that's been brought to my attention. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 3:42 am

Kaworu Nagisa wrote:
Being completely honest, almost everyone in the cb save 1 or 2 people were talking about it.
And I don't think it's fair to change the topic just because one person doesn't like it.
Whenever that happens to me I just leave for a while, because it's not like they can talk about that forever.
this is exactly what i was gonna say.
i mean like i know its ~sexual~ so you're gonna say it's not really the same thing
but whenever everyone's jizzing their pants about KH or something i just either wait it out or find something else to do. i'm not gonna be like "no guys i don't play KH lets not talk about it"
i mean like i don't give a fuck, i've had sex and all that shit, so if that's what we're talking about i'm gonna talk about it, i'm not gonna completely switch topics because one of us doesn't have any input or doesn't like what we're talking about.
Back to top Go down
figus maximus
Poh
figus maximus

Male
Warnings :

Charrie Displayz

PostSubject: Re: Something that's been brought to my attention.   Something that's been brought to my attention. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 3:45 am

I understand what you both are saying completely, but there's still other places you can bring the conversation to, you don't have to necessarily end it. And its really not fair to the one or two people who wanna have a conversation with everyone, but the only conversation is one they don't care about and no one's willing to listen to what they say or something to that effect.
Back to top Go down
kingdar
Killer
Killer
kingdar

Other / Decline to state
Number of posts : 861
Place you are be : hell
Warnings :
Something that's been brought to my attention. Left_bar_bleue99 / 10099 / 100Something that's been brought to my attention. Right_bar_bleue

Charrie Displayz
lol Character: MY OCS

PostSubject: Re: Something that's been brought to my attention.   Something that's been brought to my attention. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 4:37 am

Something that's been brought to my attention. Happyface
Back to top Go down
http://kingdar.deviantart.com/
best west
RAINBOWS MAKE SCOUT CRY
RAINBOWS MAKE SCOUT CRY
best west

Other / Decline to state
Number of posts : 849
Place you are be : NOTHING BAD
Warnings :

Registration date : 2009-01-22

Charrie Displayz

PostSubject: Re: Something that's been brought to my attention.   Something that's been brought to my attention. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 4:53 am

i agree with allie.
that is all.
Back to top Go down
Arcade
Gordon Freeman
Gordon Freeman
Arcade

Male
Number of posts : 1727
Place you are be : BEHIND YOU
Warnings :

Charrie Displayz

PostSubject: Re: Something that's been brought to my attention.   Something that's been brought to my attention. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 5:24 am

Kaworu Nagisa wrote:

let's not forget however that in this particular case kingdar didn't have much time before she had to go
Back to top Go down
http://limitbreakleague.freehostia.com
The Eternal Faggot
Worshipper
Worshipper
The Eternal Faggot

Male
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: Something that's been brought to my attention.   Something that's been brought to my attention. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 5:29 am

Well I will say if everyone is talking about it and one or two weren't then to convo should procede....

I know when I get in the chatbox 9/10 I leave because people either are talking about stuff I don't wanna talk about, or don't know about, or they just don't even talk back to me.
Back to top Go down
Infidel
Composer
Composer
Infidel

Female
Number of posts : 533
Place you are be : WildKat Cafè
Warnings :

Charrie Displayz
lol Character: Lulwhut.

PostSubject: Re: Something that's been brought to my attention.   Something that's been brought to my attention. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 5:38 am

I agree with Allie and Cream for the most part.
I don't think everyone should change topic just because one person doesn't like it. That person can leave or wait it out, they shouldn't kill everyone else's conversation.
However, I will make two exceptions:
1.) If there are only two or three people talking about a certain subject that another member(s) dislikes, I'd say you should take that elsewhere. To PMs, AIM, boards, wherever. (as a general rule, if there are more people complaining about it than there are talking about it)
2.) If someone's parents are nearby and we're talking about something inappropriate.

Otherwise, I think we have every right to talk about whatever the hell we want to.
Back to top Go down
http://lfgcomic.com
figus maximus
Poh
figus maximus

Male
Warnings :

Charrie Displayz

PostSubject: Re: Something that's been brought to my attention.   Something that's been brought to my attention. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 5:49 am

Neku Sakuraba wrote:
I agree with Allie and Cream for the most part.
I don't think everyone should change topic just because one person doesn't like it. That person can leave or wait it out, they shouldn't kill everyone else's conversation.
However, I will make two exceptions:
1.) If there are only two or three people talking about a certain subject that another member(s) dislikes, I'd say you should take that elsewhere. To PMs, AIM, boards, wherever. (as a general rule, if there are more people complaining about it than there are talking about it)
2.) If someone's parents are nearby and we're talking about something inappropriate.

Otherwise, I think we have every right to talk about whatever the hell we want to.

Well, int he case that brought this up, the person's parents were around.
-forgot to mention that-
...which is funny because that's the main reason it pissed kingdar off
Back to top Go down
best west
RAINBOWS MAKE SCOUT CRY
RAINBOWS MAKE SCOUT CRY
best west

Other / Decline to state
Number of posts : 849
Place you are be : NOTHING BAD
Warnings :

Registration date : 2009-01-22

Charrie Displayz

PostSubject: Re: Something that's been brought to my attention.   Something that's been brought to my attention. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 5:50 am

Demyx wrote:
i agree with allie.
that is all.
I WAS IN A BAD MOOD WHEN I POSTED THIS
but i think we should have a LITTLE respect for kingdar
we do have the forum and aim group guys
Back to top Go down
Oozing Anus
Gordon Freeman
Gordon Freeman
Oozing Anus

Female
Number of posts : 1530
Place you are be : in the middle of nowhere
Warnings :
Something that's been brought to my attention. Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100Something that's been brought to my attention. Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-02-18

Charrie Displayz
lol Character: 69

PostSubject: Re: Something that's been brought to my attention.   Something that's been brought to my attention. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 6:03 am

I don't come here much anymore for the sole fact that I just have no interest in the conversations and have no input to most of them. When I try to join in on the conversation I get some smart ass remark or get completely ganged up on just because my opion's different to somebody else's. So I know how Kingdar feels. However I don't think it's fair to have to stop talking about a whole group thing when one person just doesn't like the conversation - if a majority of the group don't like it, then of course the two people talking about it should change the subject, but not the other way around. Like it or not, most teens need to find someone to talk about this sorta stuff with, and for most of them their parents aren't an option and their close friends know them too well so it's awkward. The way I see it though, it's like an election - majority rules. Those who vote for the minority aren't happy, of course, but they deal with it. I would just suggest that Kingdar goes and plays a game or something and comes back when the conversation's over, these convos don't go forever. Fair enough she had to go soon after, but if you hate the conversation, why not leave and find something else to do?
Back to top Go down
http://www.bored.com
kingdar
Killer
Killer
kingdar

Other / Decline to state
Number of posts : 861
Place you are be : hell
Warnings :
Something that's been brought to my attention. Left_bar_bleue99 / 10099 / 100Something that's been brought to my attention. Right_bar_bleue

Charrie Displayz
lol Character: MY OCS

PostSubject: Re: Something that's been brought to my attention.   Something that's been brought to my attention. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 6:05 am

because i'm a whiny faggot
Back to top Go down
http://kingdar.deviantart.com/
figus maximus
Poh
figus maximus

Male
Warnings :

Charrie Displayz

PostSubject: Re: Something that's been brought to my attention.   Something that's been brought to my attention. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 6:06 am

Just to reiterate.
I agree with everyone who's saying that you shouldn't have to change the subject. It is however possible to bring the subject elsewhere, and talk about something else while in the CB.
Back to top Go down
Infidel
Composer
Composer
Infidel

Female
Warnings :

Charrie Displayz

PostSubject: Re: Something that's been brought to my attention.   Something that's been brought to my attention. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 6:10 am

Oozing Anus wrote:
I don't come here much anymore for the sole fact that I just have no interest in the conversations and have no input to most of them.

But I miss you. ):
Back to top Go down
Oozing Anus
Gordon Freeman
Gordon Freeman
Oozing Anus

Female
Warnings :
Something that's been brought to my attention. Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100Something that's been brought to my attention. Right_bar_bleue

Charrie Displayz

PostSubject: Re: Something that's been brought to my attention.   Something that's been brought to my attention. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 6:12 am

Neku Sakuraba wrote:
Oozing Anus wrote:
I don't come here much anymore for the sole fact that I just have no interest in the conversations and have no input to most of them.

But I miss you. ):
Get on AIM more then faggot. :P
Back to top Go down
Infidel
Composer
Composer
Infidel

Female
Warnings :

Charrie Displayz

PostSubject: Re: Something that's been brought to my attention.   Something that's been brought to my attention. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 6:18 am

Oozing Anus wrote:
Neku Sakuraba wrote:
Oozing Anus wrote:

But I miss you. ):

But I've been on the game comp lately. It has no AIM. :<
Back to top Go down
Oozing Anus
Gordon Freeman
Gordon Freeman
Oozing Anus

Female
Warnings :

Charrie Displayz

PostSubject: Re: Something that's been brought to my attention.   Something that's been brought to my attention. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 6:20 am

Neku Sakuraba wrote:
Oozing Anus wrote:
Neku Sakuraba wrote:
Oozing Anus wrote:

But I miss you. ):

But I've been on the game comp lately. It has no AIM. :<
lrn 2 dwnld
Back to top Go down
tbeysquirrel
Ninja
Ninja
tbeysquirrel

Female
Number of posts : 794
Place you are be : Anywhere but here
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: Something that's been brought to my attention.   Something that's been brought to my attention. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 6:51 am

Oozing Anus wrote:
I don't come here much anymore for the sole fact that I just have no interest in the conversations and have no input to most of them. When I try to join in on the conversation I get some smart ass remark or get completely ganged up on just because my opion's different to somebody else's. So I know how Kingdar feels. However I don't think it's fair to have to stop talking about a whole group thing when one person just doesn't like the conversation - if a majority of the group don't like it, then of course the two people talking about it should change the subject, but not the other way around. Like it or not, most teens need to find someone to talk about this sorta stuff with, and for most of them their parents aren't an option and their close friends know them too well so it's awkward. The way I see it though, it's like an election - majority rules. Those who vote for the minority aren't happy, of course, but they deal with it. I would just suggest that Kingdar goes and plays a game or something and comes back when the conversation's over, these convos don't go forever. Fair enough she had to go soon after, but if you hate the conversation, why not leave and find something else to do?

Even though I wasn't here (which I wish I've been, because really the only person I can talk to about this stuff is by boyfriend ;( even so he and all my other friends are so... innocent. And they think I'm so weird for bringing it up) I pretty much agree with this. And also, if I don't like the conversation which a lot of people are participating in (which has been a lot lately, mainly cause I've missed out on so much) I just leave. I don't HAVE to be here. I can go do something else on Facebook, Tumblr, AIM, etc. It's the internet, there's plenty to do other than hang out on HL. Trust me I've been doing this the past 2 months. This site just isn't on my top ten anymore, because I don't have the time to adjust to what's hip and happening and predict a conversation that will actually catch my interest. I'm tired of hanging and keymashing, waiting for something to happen, honestly. But that's another story.

(and guys if you have a conversation like that again please let me know, via whatever. Again if I try to talk about this stuff, even with my boyfriend, I get this expression: Something that's been brought to my attention. 690987 Too much innocence drives me nuts.)

Last edited by Talud on Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Something that's been brought to my attention.   Something that's been brought to my attention. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Something that's been brought to my attention.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next