Hackers League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hackers League

100% 1337

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Lifehack thread

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Arcade
Gordon Freeman
Gordon Freeman
Arcade

Male
Number of posts : 1727
Place you are be : BEHIND YOU
Warnings :
Lifehack thread Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Lifehack thread Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-19

Charrie Displayz
lol Character: 5

Lifehack thread Empty
PostSubject: Lifehack thread   Lifehack thread Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 1:19 pm

Post lifehacks here. I'll start off with some:

Quote :
Bath and Body Works, you return a product saying it irritated your skin, we HAVE to accept the return.
Go to Jamba Juice and ask for “white gummi bear” its a secret flavor, also Red Gummi Bear.
Gamestop – with those bundles you can buy, you can sell the games immediately after buying them and buy something you’d rather wanna play, so bring all the games you can pick out in the bundle to the cashier and have him scan em to check which are worth the most.
You can return any used item from Gamestop no questions asked within seven days of purchasing it as long as you still have the receipt. Day 1 is the day you purchased it, and this includes used systems.
former office depot fag here
greatest scam in the world, steal photo paper. its expensive and small, and not locked at all. we take it back for store credit (i was forced by a manager to take back photo paper someone brought in in a walmart bag that we didnt sell anymore).
also, any electronics you claim you purchased in store with cash will be happily replaced by almost any electronics store (bought at office depot, slammed in car door. returned to best buy, replaced on the spot) because they send all defective items back to manufacturer and and reimbursed.
Tgtfag here.
Go to a SprTgt with a Starbux or Pizza Hut or Taco Bell or “Food Avenue.” They usually use a function that allows them to print up their ID# and password on a small piece of receipt paper. Find a cashier who uses this. When they turn away to get your order, take the tiny paper.
Go to another cash register. Use the hand scanner to scan the barcode with their ID on it. All functions are listed on the right side of the screen. Use the labeled function keys at the top of the keyboard. Find the function that opens the register (do not “request change” that will put an alert out).
Use to work at TMobile. All you gotta do is call if you go over your minutes and tell them you were not aware that you went over and they will give you up to 300 minutes for free as a credit
RadioShack:
Returns system can be overriden for any reason
If you know someone who works there, ask them to print you an Eligible Family Member Discount Card. Gets you 10% off general merch and 30% off RadioShack brands

Water/natural gas meter reader here. I’m the guy tromping through your backyard and looking in those mysterious boxes in your yard. If your dog is nice, he’ll get a milk bone and some petting. If he tries to bite me, he’ll get maced. I do my best to keep unleashed dogs in their yard, but if one gets free I’m only going to spend five minutes chasing after him.
If you park your car on top of the meter so I can’t open it, I take last month’s usage and double it for this month.
Abandoned houses don’t get their meters read. Feel free to use their water. If you don’t pay your water bill, they cut it off by turning a valve inside the meter box and locking it. Nobody can tell if you cut the lock off with bolt cutters and turn it back on yourself. As long as you dispose of the lock and don’t fuck up the meter they will just assume the service guys slacked off and didn’t do their job.
If you have a water leak outside of your house, call city hall and they’ll send a crew to take care of it.
Night time Receptionist here:
Call your hotel personally if you’re looking for vacancies for the same day and haggle! if there’s a room free, youll get it for much cheaper.
STARBUCKS
-Broke? Cant afford our overpriced garbage? Then buy this
“Ice blended strawberry water” A large “venti” only costs $0.35, and it comes with whip cream if you want
Here’s how it works: Waitresses don’t fuck with the chef. If they do, their orders get fucked up/burned/cold.
If waitresses are bros to the chef, their orders get precedence, and extra attention.
They go to great lengths to convey if someone liked the food because good food gives good tips.
So if you really did like food, leave an extra buck (on top of the normal tip, jackass), tell the waitress, “My compliments to the chef”, and come back the same time next week, and you are on your way to getting preferential treatment.
- If you’re drunk/high on whatever and you get stopped by the cops (walking around or whatever), DON’T say ANYTHING along the lines of “well I’d just rather be dead” or “I’ll just go off myself, who cares.” You then come under protective custody, come to the ER, and have to be under observation until a county medical health provider comes in to see you. Can take between 18 and 72 hours for them to arrive. No, you can’t leave, you lost your rights at that point.
Worked at a furniture store.
If you buy furniture from a big store and they try to con you into buying the fabric stain protection shit, don’t do it; it’s a complete scam. Not only is the stuff basically just water, but if it’s a really busy day, the guys in the back room that help load your furniture will just cut the box open that your furniture is in and claim that they sprayed it earlier in the day and it already dried so the customers don’t get suspicious.
If you want stain guard shit, buy it somewhere else and apply it yourself. You can get shit online for a fraction of the cost of what the furniture store would charge, and it actually works.
You can get a chicken and cheese quesadilla with salsa if you ask for it nicely enough and come in while it’s slow. Dont drink the sodas. Well, to be honest this is not so much with chick fil a as it is with any joint that sells fountain drinks. The pipes are impossible to clean, so shit (sometimes literally) gets in there and it can’t get out except through the other end, which is where you get your drink. Say, an employee goes twosies and doesn’t wash his hands afterwards, then connects the soda syrup pipe which gets replaced 2-3 times a day, to the pipe that meets the carbonated water. Now say that same employee does that 10 times a week. He is directly touching with his shitty hands what your drink is going to be running through.
Call any chick-fil-a and tell them when you got home with your food you found a hair in your sammich, then enjoy your next meal on the house.
Mcdonalds (I don’t work there but know a few)
Ask for no ice in your Sweet Tea, you will get more
Ask for no salt on your frech fries, you will get fresh fries
Ask for well done meat, you will get your hamburger right off the grill

i'll post moar later, i have a bunch
Back to top Go down
http://limitbreakleague.freehostia.com
Smoke
Chris Brown
Chris Brown
Smoke

Male
Number of posts : 488
Warnings :
Lifehack thread Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Lifehack thread Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-10-06

Charrie Displayz
lol Character: 5

Lifehack thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lifehack thread   Lifehack thread Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 1:50 pm

one time my brother bought a dollar mcdouble at mcdonalds
he at 3/4 of it and said it was undercooked and showed pink meat
he did this 3 times, at 3 3/4 of burgers and got his money back
Back to top Go down

Lifehack thread
Page 1 of 1